Saturday, March 2, 2013

Healthy Strawberry Oatmeal Muffins

I have started trying to eat healthier.  I have never really eaten horrible, but I am making an effort to eat better.  So, I tried out this recipe, and it was actually really good.  I have made them twice now, and even my 10 month old loves them.

1.) Preheat oven to 400 degrees

2.) Grind 2 and 1/2 cups oats in a blender.  (The first time I made these this step did not work out as planned.  So the second time I did not grind them at all, and they still turned out good.  If you grind them, you will just have less of an oat-mealy taste, and the mixture will be finer...it's totally up to you.)

3.) Combine oats, 1 cup plain greek yogurt, 2 eggs, 1/2 cup stevia or splenda, 1 and 1/2 teaspoon baking powder, 1/2 teaspoon baking soda, and cut up strawberries.  You can add a lot of strawberries or a little depending on how much of a strawberry taste you want.  I used about 3/4 of a carton of strawberries.

4.) Put the batter in a cupcake pan and bake for 20-25 minutes.  I did not use cupcake liners.  I just sprayed the metal cupcake tin with vegetable oil cooking spray really well before I put the batter in so that they would not stick, and it worked pretty well.



No comments:

Post a Comment