Saturday, March 9, 2013

Quinoa and Veggies

I have been looking for a healthy lunch that doesn't involve bread and peanut butter :)... and I think I have found it, and I LOVE it.

Ingredients:
~Quinoa
~Green Pepper
~Onion
~Black Beans
~Pace Picante Salsa

Optional:
~Guacamole
~Sour Cream

1.) Cook the quinoa according to the directions on the package.
2.) Wash then cut up your onion (I only used half an onion) and your green pepper.  Dice into small pieces.
3.) Saute the green peppers and onions on the stove top in a little bit of olive oil.
4.) Cook the black beans on the stove top.
5.)  Once the quinoa is finished, add in the green peppers, onions, black beans, and salsa for flavor (you don't have to add in too much salsa).
6.) Optional *You can top with a little bit of sour cream and guacamole.*




No comments:

Post a Comment