Saturday, March 9, 2013

Stuffed Peppers

I think I have already mentioned this in a post, but Craig and I just started to eat healthy.  No, we are not eating completely "clean," but we are eating A LOT healthier.  I lost all the weight from when I was pregnant a few months after giving birth, but I am now working at getting toned again.  So between eating healthy and working out, I am hoping to have some tone to me by summer!  Anyway, we found some recipes for stuffed peppers but decided to make them a little different than the other recipes we found.

Ingredients:
~Peppers
~Quinoa
~Onions
-Ground Turkey
~Black Beans
~Pace Picante Salsa
~Basil
~Oregano
~Salt and Pepper

1.) Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
2.) Cook quinoa according to the directions on the package.  We decided to use quinoa over rice because it is healthier and has more protein...and yes, I like quinoa a lot now!
3.) While the quinoa is cooking, dice up your onions and cut your green peppers.  You can cut the peppers as bowls or you can cut them in halves.  Just cut the tops off, cut out the membranes, and then we sliced them in halves. 
4.) Cook the turkey until there is no pink.  Season with basil, oregano, and salt and pepper.  Once the turkey is finished cooking, add in the cut up onions.
5.) Once the quinoa is finished, mix in the turkey, onions, black beans, and some salsa for flavor.
6.) Then stuff the peppers with the quinoa mixture.
7.) Cook in the oven for 45 minutes.
8.) *Optional* You can top it off with some shredded cheese, guacamole, or a little sour cream.


No comments:

Post a Comment