Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Birthday Wreath

I saw one of these birthday wreaths on ETSY, but the price was outrageous.  So of course I figured I could make one for a lot cheaper and customize it the way that I wanted.  I think I paid less than $20 to make it.  The ribbon is what costs the most, but if you have a coupon, then it isn't as much.  First I wrapped the pink ribbon around the wreath, hot gluing a little as I went (I am a big hot glue fan....mainly because I can't sew or do anything else.  So hot glue can do everything haha).
Next, I hot glued the letters "Kadynn is one" to the wreath.  After that, I made the green and blue bows on the side.  I wish I had taken a picture of how I did this because it may sound kind of confusing, but it really isn't.  All you do is wrap the ribbon around the wreath and start making a bow like you would when you tie your shoes.  When you have the two "tails," then you will form a loop with one tail and wrap it with the other....I did this four or five times until it looked "loopy" enough.  Basically all you do is make a bow normally (like when you tie a shoe), then keep making more loops using only the tails.  If you want me to show you, just leave a comment, and I will make a tutorial.  Then, I used a piece of twine and hot glued it to the wooden monkey I found at Hobby Lobby.  Then I hot glued the other end of the twine to the back of the wreath.  Lastly, I hot glued the three color ribbons (make sure they are all the same length) to the back so that I could hang it up.  Again, pretty simple and costs way less than buying something online . :)


No comments:

Post a Comment